Monday, September 17, 2012

Awesome

A conversation about church I witnessed between an acquaintance and a couple other people.

Girl 1: Never go to church. Last time I went, the priest guy told me I was going to hell.

Girl 2: I used to go to church...

Girl 1: Never go again. Those are scary people!

Girl 2: I used to believe in God... When I was little, prayed every night asking him to keep my parents from breaking up.

Guy: What happened?

Girl 2: My parents got a divorce. He didn't answer my prayer; that's why I don't believe in Him anymore.

Girl 1: That sucks!

Girl 2: Nah, it turned out to be a good thing. My Dad was abusive to my mom...

...Nope, I do not see God's hand of protection over you and your mother in that situation at all. (Sarcasm to the max)

Found this to be a good reminder that although God does not say "yes" all the time, we can cast all our anxieties on Him through prayers, and He cares for us.

Today and forever I'm grateful that our Lord is greater than human and that we cannot fathom His greatness; that his plans are so awesome that at times we cannot understand them.

How great is our God?
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment